Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Inspired: Pattie Boyd by Traeger


A while ago on the blog I mentioned that I was hoping to start sharing various look books, spreads from the fashion world and work of photographers that inspire me not only style wise but also in the sense of art and design. Though I am no longer studying under this industry I am still passionate about it - always imagining, always keeping my eye out and still often like to sit down once in a while to put my ideas onto paper.

I've recently been looking over past spreads from Vogue in the 1960's. I thought I'd share this spread of Pattie Boyd photographed by Ronald Traeger. Here she is wearing dresses from Jean Varon and Foale & Tuffin. She looks stunning in this wig and I love how simple the shoot is: just a chair, beautiful clothes and the creativity of model and photographer working together. This spread featured in the April 1965 issue of UK Vogue.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

17 comments:

  1. Magnificent! She reminds me of the bubblecut Barbie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! That hair really was something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy! Your vintage swagger and taste is amazing. If you don't mind checking out my blog and possibly follow me back? I would love the support. Thanks!

    http://emeraldcityswag.blogspot.com/
    https://twitter.com/smile_tinsley
    https://www.pinterest.com/emeraldcityswag/
    https://instagram.com/smile4jay/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I always love discovering new blogs.

      Delete
  4. fabulous! that top picture is one that always pops up on pinterest. I love the top stitching details on the pleats and yoke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see it crop up on Pinterest too, haha. And yes, so pretty!

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures, I hadn't come across this photoshoot before - Pattie always looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you gotta love that hair!!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love that top image, she looks so perfectly sweet with that hair an the dress is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. Pattie was such a sweet heart of a model.

      Delete
  8. Stunning post. ^^
    New post is online... Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. So inspiring! I love her style!

    xx
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete