Sunday, July 7, 2013

Go Ask Alice

The other day I was looking through some storage in our unit and came across this. I bought it just before we moved in from a little stationary shop, and upon seeing it for the first time I knew I had to have it. It is a journal, and I think the most perfect journal for me. It ticks all my boxes:
  • hardback mustard yellow cover - check
  • black and white vintage inspired print on the inner cover - check
  • fantastic illustration of a fox (one of my very favourite animals) on the front - check
  • name label on the first page that reads what my Grandma used to write in her books - check


What I also love is that the illustrations are very similar to my individual art style and remind me of the days several years ago when I was passionate about drawing. I bought it with the intention of filling it with my poetry and  illustrations, but I am in terrible in the way that I would only want to fill such a pretty book with the best of the best. I don't know if the day will ever come, but I sure do hope it does! Goodness me, I am still yet to write my name in it!

The journal is from an Australian made brand fabulously named "Ask Alice Stationary".

Ooh! There's another tick in my box! - Lewis Carroll/Jefferson Airplane connotations - check

It also sells in a "Swallow" copy, which you can find here. I'd love to have it as well!



Hopefully some day soon I shall puck up the courage and make my mark within its pages.
It would be too much of a shame to leave it blank.

Title: "White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

7 comments:

  1. That's a unique and tasteful journal, Lucy. I very much like the mustard yellow shade and fox illustration. A few years ago I became fond of foxes when I helped take care of an injured one that lived in the woods adjacent to my property. I can understand why you have kept your journal in pristine condition and hesitated to make entries. You might want to use another journal to refine drafts and then copy the best ones into this handsome volume. Good evening to you, dear friend Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind that you cared for the injured fox! Did it get better? Using another journal to refine drafts sounds like a good idea, and I think that that is what I shall end up doing. Thank you! You have a good evening too.

      Delete
    2. Hi, Lucy! The fox was gimpy and came out of the nearby woods looking weak and starved, no doubt because it could no longer catch food on it own. Every day for a couple of months I put a dish of food down at the edge of our property and watched from a window as he came to eat. Over time his limp began to diminish. One day I heard the sound of hunting dogs that had broken loose from a nearby farm. They chased the poor fox away and I never saw him again! :(

      Mark your calendar, dear friend. On Saturday, July 20, I will be accepting my Liebster Award and answering some of your questions along with some of Catherine's. You are an important new friend and I invite you to come over that day or in the days that immediately follow and help me celebrate a very special occasion, my 5 year blog anniversary.

      Well, it's my morning and your evening, Lucy, so I will again bid you a good night. I hope your week is off to a great start, dear friend!

      Delete
    3. That was a really lovely story to read and it brightened my night. It is so nice to know that there are caring people out there who are willing to help animals in need when they can, even if some people do consider them pests. I hope that the hunting dogs didn't catch him!

      I shall definitely pop around on your blog anniversary. I'm looking forward to seeing your Liebster Award post and congratulations for holding it out this long. I hope that your week is off to a great start too!

      Delete
  2. Oh that is such a pretty journal! Especially the name plate on the inside with its little rhyme.
    I love foxes even though They are regarded as pests in some countries.
    Something about the red fur, white socks and sleek cat-likeness. Also the fact that females are called Vixens!
    This little guy looks a lot more like Fantastic Mr Fox with his bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I find foxes interesting and their features very aesthetic. Though to be honest I've never before seen one - always wanted to come across one some day!

      Delete
  3. wow!
    i realy love this post
    check my blog if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete