Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Sweet Little Gift

At last my Internship is over. During this time I had been very busy and unfortunately unable to make any posts. However, I had such a wonderful experience, learnt a great deal of information that I will value for the duration of my career and developed a real soft spot for my students. I am missing them quite a lot and have lost any doubts I had in pursuing such a profession.

Whilst on my Internship I received a very lovely wrapped parcel in the mail with a sweet little note. Dolly darl Catherine from Sewing the 60s held a Beatles related giveaway, and I had been lucky enough to win. In the parcel were three greeting cards and three stickers of The Beatles albums "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "Abbey Road" and "Let It Be", which also came with a badge. She also popped a lovely scarf in there as a surprise which I am very excited to wear and is most certainly a lovely addition to my growing collection of scarves.

It was something very pleasant to be surprised with coming home after a long and busy day.
You can see Catherine's blog here - definitely have a visit if you have not already!

8 comments:

  1. That prize was made for you wasn't it! I'm glad your prac went okay. I still remember my prac well....many years ago now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope that your Prac those years ago was as wonderful as mine was!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Lucy in the Sky! I'm very happy to know your Internship was a worthwhile and rewarding experience. Congratulations on winning Catherine's Beatles related giveaway! Cat is a very caring friend, isn't she? What a nice surprise to receive a bonus in that package of goodies! I love the pattern on the scarf. It's beautiful and I hope you'll model it for us soon. Good night, dear Lucy, and have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shady! Yes, it was a very lovely surprise indeed and I hope to model it soon. Have a lovely week ahead!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back Lucy! Im so glad you like the scarf! i was a little worried that the colour would be off or something :)
    Enjoy your stickers and cards - I bought some extras for myself but im too scared to use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Catherine! I know how you feel, I've though of places to put the stickers but am worried that I'll find a better place for them!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! What a lovely gift to come home to, that prize was definitely made for you xx

    ReplyDelete