Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Another Year Over: Goodbye 2013

And so 2013 finally comes to a close. I must admit, I've had a bit of a love-hate relationship with this year. It's been quite an eventful one. The boy and I had to say goodbye to the beautiful stray kitten we had adopted as we sadly gave up our first home together and moved back to our families. There were numerous occasions in which family members were placed in hospital, and there have been two unfortunate passings. But I am going to try and remember this past year not for those things, but for the good things that did happen. 


I've met some really wonderful, unique and interesting people, both in the blogging world and in 'the real world', all of which bring me happiness. I saw Ringo Starr himself live in concert, and had him acknowledge me individually. That is one thing ticked off my 'dream' list that I never thought would ever happen. I've completed my first year of University studies and my first Practicum after procrastinating for quite some time. I had my palm read and swam in the beach for the first time in years. I am beginning to compile ideas for future drawings and artworks, something I haven't done in a while. The boy and I celebrated our first anniversary together and a beautiful new baby girl was brought into the world on Christmas Eve. 


I've spent a lot of time with my wonderful Grandma who has been living with us recently. I've taken little trips here and there to see new and interesting places farther away from home than I usually go and I've tried to keep onto my guitar playing. But mostly it is the joyful little things that have happened this year that make me laugh or bring a smile to my face that I hope I will think of when I remember 2013, whether it be from the boy and I ridiculously running through a tropical cyclone together just to get lunch or my Grandma and I having a giggle on the balcony together. 


Yes. This year has been a bit up and down but I am determined to make the most of 2014. Thank you all for reading my blog, it's been a real joy, and I wish you all the best for the next year. 

Happy New Year!

Lucy xx

13 comments:

  1. I think 2013 has been up and down for a lot of people but it's important to focus on the positive. Wishing you a very Happy New Year Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly right, Sarah. I hope you had a lovely New Year! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi, dear Lucy! Thank you for this marvelous recap of the year 2013 and a look back at some of your lovely outfits. Every year of our lives is a mix of good and bad. We should all remember the good times - the times we laughed and acted like children and felt most alive. I am grateful for having met you in 2013 and for the opportunity to learn about your life and interests via your fine blog. I wish you health, happiness and success in 2014.

    Happy new year, Lucy in the Sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are very wise words, you are very right. It was so lovely to have met you too, and I wish the same to you and your loved ones for this new year.
      Happy New Year Shady! xx

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous round-up of outfits. Hope 2014 is much better for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix, I hope this year is wonderful for you! xx

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! Love your outfits. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Happy New Year to you too! xx

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, I hope 2014 treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! The same to you and your loved ones! xx

      Delete
  6. you've certainly had a wonderful year Lucy! Thank you for being having such interesting and fun content to read and for being such a nice person as well! Lets have lots more 60s adventures in 2014! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to you too - I've loved your blog and I've loved meeting you. Here's to more 60's adventures! xx

      Delete
  7. my dear you are so pretty and you had such a fabulous and stylish year!!!!
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete