Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Wish List

I must apologize for my lack of blogging recently. After coming back from the little resort getaway with the boy I fell sick and it took me some time to recover. Things have also been quite busy as of lately in preparation for Christmas, birthdays, graduations and a little holiday up north. But I am hoping that my blogging shall become more frequent. I have a slowly compiling string of posts up my sleeve that I hope to post soon.

Anyway, here is just a little list of things that I wouldn't mind seeing under the tree this year. 
What are you wanting for Christmas?

"Foale and Tuffin: The Sixties. A Decade in Fashion." by Ian R. Webb

Apple Records Dartboard.

"This is a faithful reproduction of the original 1968 collectible which was manufactured in limited quantities and issued exclusively to Apple employees and close friends."


 Vintage Biba Powder Tint Set in "Peacock".
Eye shadow colours included are red, blue, grey and green.

Vintage 1960's Avon dolly lipstick holder with mirror.

Vintage book ends.

I'd use these to store my 45's. They are currently sitting upright in a shoe box. 
These look like they'd do the job much more nicely.

Woolworth's Baby Doll make-up products.

Yes, wishful thinking but a girl can dream!
In fact, has anyone actually seen any of these up for sale at all?

"Birds of Britain" by John Green. 

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I actually have the Foal and Tuffin book on my Christmas list this year so hopefully I will be unwrapping it on Christmas day! I also put "anything from Chanel" on the list, but that was just wishful thinking on my part ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do hope that you find the Foale and Tuffin book under the tree, and perhaps a little Chanel too - nothing wrong in wishful thinking!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you were sick, Lucy in the Sky, and glad you've bounced back in time for the Christmas holiday. I love dartboards and that one's the Apple of my eye! The vintage bookends are a great idea for holding your 45s. You are smart to keep them standing on end to prevent warping.

    March on to the beat of the Carnabetian Army, dear friend Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shady! I'm glad that you think the bookends are a great idea for storing the 45s. I'm always finding LP racks, but I've only found 45 racks a couple of times over the years and they have always been too bent out of shape to properly use.

      Delete
  3. Oh that's such a shame to hear you were sick! I've had 2 colds in November but decided to work through both of them! eek. The Foale and Tuffin book is amazing and I certainly hope Santa brings that for you! Birds of Britain in on my list too! Though its so expensive.... i wish they would just do a reproduction already. I had a few Biba and sewing books on my xmas list, and my Boyfriend gave me a little nod and smile when i showed him the list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, that must have been awful! It would be lovely, indeed. And yes, it is, isn't it? I was only wishing that too when I put it on my list. Though an original would be amazing to have. Haha I bet you are looking forward to the Biba and sewing books then!

      Delete
  4. oh poor you having been sick, i´m glad you are fine again now! i hope santa is nice to you and brings you something of your wish list;) i have the foale and tuffin book on my amazon wish list too;)
    kiss, mary

    ReplyDelete