I'm back (at least for a little while)! Times are still tough and my days remain busy. However, I thought I'd create a quick post of all the positive things I am thankful for that have occurred as of lately to keep me looking towards the light. The first of these is my younger sister's birthday party which was celebrated today with a High Tea. Surrounded by beautiful scenery and friends and family (ladies only), we munched on gourmet savory snacks, cute little cakes and petite fours, and drank delicate leaf teas and pink champagne. We all felt very fancy indeed!
Other Lovely Things:
- I celebrated my own birthday last week with rose scented tea, vanilla mille feuille, and two of my favourite people in the world. Must also mention the incredible rainbow cheesecake that my younger sister baked for me!
- A large bundle of more beautiful vintage dresses in brilliant condition have come into my possession. I have so many gorgeous dresses overflowing from my wardrobe I'm afraid I'll have to start hanging them on the walls!
- We have finally had some rain. Nice dark gloomy days with thunder rumbling ominously in the distance - my favourite! It is so lovely to cuddle up in the couch watching lightning strike over the mountains and listening to the sound of rain pounding against the window panes.
- Each afternoon in the pool I've been teaching one of the family's little ones to swim and I find myself waiting eagerly for the other to take her first steps. Seeing them smile brings so much joy during this difficult time.
- My family and I have decorated our home for the Christmas season, a favourite tradition of ours. Candy cane flavoured hot chocolates and fruit mince pies are now a frequent treat in the household.
- I've been surrounded by some wonderful, caring and supportive people, reminding me that there is so much love and light in the world still to be experienced. Keep your loved ones close always.
What lovely things are you thankful for this week?
Title: "Afternoon Tea" - The Kinks