Monday, April 22, 2013

Bluebird

Yesterday evening my boyfriend rang me up and said to get all dolled up. He told me we were going to dinner with someone, but he wouldn't tell me who nor where. This is the outfit that I came up with.


Outfit:

Blue Dress with matching belt
1950's vintage black handbag
Black peep-toe heels with bows
Princess Diana signature replica earrings

My collar makes me think of these:


After he picked me up and we arrived at our destination I soon found out that we weren't going to dinner but getting take-out from out favourite Indian Restaurant with a couple of friends that we hadn't seen in a while. They were running late so we decided to have a little wander. We bought ice-blocks and Dr. Pepper flavoured bubblegum from the convenience store and walked through the park by the beach. I struggled as my heels kept sinking into the grass, not to mention it was difficult to walk in them anyway as I'd stuffed them with stockings so that they'd fit me better. First time that I'd worn them. Afterwards we decided to take a look in the local Surf Club for a game of pool. Once in there we found that there were no pool tables, but the pokie machines caught my eye. I had never gambled before, or felt the desire to, but I wanted to try it that night. I won 20 cents for putting a dollar in. Was not thrilled. But the lights and colours very pretty.

Here is a picture of the earrings that I wore: a gift from my boyfriend for our first anniversary. They are replicas of the signature earrings of Princess Diana. Made of diamond and pure sapphire, I adore them and always feel very elegant wearing them. He certainly knows what to buy!

8 comments:

  1. You look amazing! And your night out sounds really fun, I wish the weather was good enough for me to take a walk on the beach but the wind is not collaborating much. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks, thanks dolly love! Hope the weather calms down a little for you soon. xx

      Delete
  2. You are beautiful, I love your Sixties style. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your style! your look is so perfectly classic. Sounds like a wonderful night, despite your heels sinking into the grass (I know how awkward that is!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!
    Your frock is DIVOON! Perfectly Marianne! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collar, and I those earrings are lovely :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete