Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ruby Red Shoes in a Hot Air Balloon

Outfit:


Ruby red blouse with black tie collar
1960's 267 Chalmer's Street vintage grey skirt
Black kitten heels with bows
1950's vintage black handbag



This morning my boyfriend and I went to our local pancake restaurant for breakfast. And really it is a lovely place. The inside is themed like a hot air balloon. The entire restaurant is lined with wicker basket. The walls are painted with clouds upon a beautiful sky blue and the ceiling is covered with rainbow canvas, all to give the impression that you are floating in a hot air balloon. We ordered two delicious iced chocolates in milkshake glasses, lemon sugar crepes with vanilla ice cream, double chocolate pancakes with chocolate ice cream and I ordered the Vegetarian breakfast. It consisted of a potato pancake, three hash browns, grilled tomato, mushrooms in butter sauce and scrambled eggs. 



I also wore my new suede ruby red shoes for the first time. I bought them yesterday for a steal, and they are incredibly comfortable. It is almost like wearing a pair of slippers. As you can tell I felt very inspired by the colour red today. Here are some nice red images from the 1960's that I quite like.



Images (1. 2. 3. 4. 5.)



16 comments:

  1. You look so nice, I love the top! And where do you live?! This restaurant sounds amazing, I wish I could see it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I live on the Gold Coast in Australia. I've added a picture of the restaurant (not mine) to the post. :) xx

      Delete
    2. I'd love to go to Australia someday! My sister lives in Sydney and loves it! The picture is great, seems like such a lovely place xxx

      Delete
  2. Blondes always look hot in red and you're no exception! Love the skirt, too.
    Bus Stop was my Mum's favourite shop when I was little.
    Thanks for the lovely comment on mine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And how great, do you have any memories of Bus Stop? From what I read about it it seems like it was a fantastic boutique. I would have loved to have gone there.
      And you are welcome :) xx

      Delete
    2. Here's one of my Bus Stop pieces:
      http://vintagevixon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/vintage-bus-stop-knickerbocker-glory.html

      xxx

      Delete
    3. Ah fantastic post! I love the way that you've worn those knicker-bockers and used the vintage scarf as a belt. Stunning jumpsuit too! xx

      Delete
  3. long time no see but i´m so happy to visit you here again. and gosh you look gorgeous girl!!!! i love your hair and red looks so great on you!
    kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been a while!
      And thank you very much! I never really thought red suited me. xx

      Delete
  4. who's that in the last image? I didn't see it on the tumblr page you linked...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woman in the last image is fashion designer Mary Quant.

      Delete
  5. cute look! your shirt is just to cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable outfit, perfect for grabbing breakfast at such a cute place :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blouse. www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blouse and your 60's style! Red is my favorite color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was just the information I was looking for, great resource. Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete