Friday, January 17, 2014

My Vintage Sleepwear

Last week I did some shopping a few towns up north and was lucky enough to find two beautiful vintage night gowns. When I finally got back home there was a third waiting on my bed for me - a gift from my mother. Seeing as there were some additions I thought I might show you all my small but growing vintage sleepwear collection. 




I found this one last year for only a couple of dollars. It is very comfortable to wear in summer.





This was one of the ones I bought on that day shopping, and for only $3.50. It fits like a glove and I fell in love with the embroidered daisies on it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. It is in very good condition, though the top button has been replaced with another. But if you know me you'll know that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

















This is the gown that my mother surprised me with. It is by far the most comfortable out of what vintage sleepwear I have. The material of the inner lining is so smooth and the gown fits beautifully.


This is the other night gown that I found up north, but in a different town. Really, these pictures do not do this gown justice. Its colour is so vibrant! The gown is also in very good condition. It had been sitting in the store for a few months, but for some reason I never tried it on. I had a change in heart that day and went for it, and I am glad I did. I think I would have been very upset if I left it once more and came back to finally buy it yet find it gone.














This here was my first bought vintage night gown. I fell in love with the tiny polka dot print and ruffled matching brunch coat as soon as I saw it and had to make it mine. It's condition is beautiful.

Finally, this lovely yellow lace brunch coat. It was one of the very first vintage items I ever remember buying. It was from a local market place and it was the buttoned cuffs and collar that caught my eye. I love this coat so much that, even though it is to be worn as a nightwear garment, I sometimes would wear it over the top of my dresses when going out about town - feeling rather fancy indeed!


My vintage pink pyjama bag, a gift from my mother about three years ago, is a sweet little addition to my humble collection and is good for storing any of my vintage sleepwear when travelling. In my collection I also have two dressing gowns, which you can view here and here.




















I plan to keep continuing to expand my vintage sleepwear collection. But in all honesty I don't think I will ever consider having enough until I find myself a pair of vintage pink faux fur heeled slippers.

Trust me!

Oh, by the way. My apologies for how dreadfully dark these pictures are! Golly I miss having a natural source of lighting. Big beautiful windows are a must when the boy and I find another place to live!

33 comments:

  1. Hi, Lucy! I remember you telling us you were heading north to do some shopping and these are wonderful acquisitions! You are a vision in these vintage nighties, including the one your thoughtful mother surprised you with upon your return. Details are important if you're determined to be a proper vintager and you are collecting authentic items in every category. Good for you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady, thank you very much! My mother knows me very well and always seems to find the most perfect gifts for people. Yes, I agree. I love collecting anything vintage from my favourite decade. Enjoy this coming weekend!

      Delete
  2. oh these are so lovely! And actually i think you could get away with wearing dress number 2 out as a regular dress! The yellow lace coat is lovely too. I would wear that to a restaurant!

    Vintage lingerie is always so pretty! Nightwear these days can be so boring unless you have the money for Peter Alexander. I love his jammies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I actually thought about getting away with wearing dress two as a regular dress - perhaps! I think so too. In order to have the really nice stuff with lace and ribbons and chiffon and such you have to spend big. And yes, I love his jimjams too! Kitten D'Amour also have some very nice sleepwear sometimes, vintage inspired as well.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty collection! They really suit you. I have a couple of vintage honeymoon sets that belonged to my mother, but apart from slips I tend not to wear vintage nightwear. You have inspired me that's for sure! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, how kind! I'd love to see those sets. I bet they are very pretty. And I'm glad - they are surprisingly very comfortable!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely collection. I have a few vintage pieces myself but I'm always on the look out for more! I can never seem to find any that fit though but the highstreet over here always comes up trumps for cute nightwear. I'll often team one of my 60s bed jackets with a vintage inspired nightie or shorts set x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Yes, I'm always on the lookout for more too. One can never have enough vintage.That is unfortunate that it is difficult to find some that fit. I am lucky that all the nighties I've found fit me, but I have a lot of trouble trying to find vintage dresses that fit me properly. And what a sweet idea. You can't beat them.

      Delete
  5. I feel like I'm echoing everyone who's already commented, but this is such a lovely collection! Night things are often overlooked I feel, but it can make you feel so good just to wear pretty things to bed. The second one is my favourite, and the yellow lace coat is just lovely, I don't blame you at all for wearing it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye! I think so too. Even wearing just my gowns around the house makes me feel good, especially on days when I don't feel like going to the effort of getting dressed up. You can stay in your pyjamas all day and feel glamorous!

      Delete
  6. they're all so beautiful! I think what I love most about vintage sleepwear is theat they can be worn in everyday and just look like really delicate dresses
    also, your mom is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Yes, I love that too about them. Very pretty indeed. And yes, thank you - she really is!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, all of these are so darling! You have a great collection.
    Would you like to follow each other? I just followed on bloglovin' and added your button to my page!
    I can't wait to see more great posts from you ^u^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you!
      And thanks so much for the follow and adding my button to your page, how kind of you! And consider it done - you have a very sweet blog yourself - following!

      Delete
  8. These are all so perfect! my favorites are the first one and the third one! and they really flatter you!

    http://anchoriax.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much gorgeousness! I covet them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a cute collection of nighties, I am kind of jealous (-: I have a few vintage night gowns too but none of them as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I am sure they are just as pretty too!

      Delete
  11. oh gosh one is cuter and prettier than the other! what a great collection you have! the 3. one is my favorite!
    kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're all so pretty!! What an awesome collection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely adore the two long sleeve nightgowns you have! Such great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lucky you have so many vintage night gowns, I love them. I dream about having at least one, I wish we have such vintage items here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I do hope that one day you come across a beautiful vintage night gown for yourself, and a real pretty one too. They feel so glamorous to wear.

      Delete
  15. These are so cute!! xx

    http://www.sweetcandydreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. INCREDIBLE PIECES!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i wish vintage clothing here were as good as these :D these are some unique pieces and i LOVE how your blog and your pictures are also vintage looking as well. it felt like i time traveled to the past. PS: you look like barbie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! You never know when you might stumble across something nice. I hope some luck comes your way soon in the vintage department. And thank you very much!

      Delete
  18. Nice Post.
    Valuable information and huge collection of bamboo. looking so awesome.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Bamboo Clothing

    ReplyDelete