Monday, January 6, 2014

Time In A Bottle

Here's a groovy something that I think you'd like if you are a girl like me wanting to feel just that little bit more like you've traveled a few decades back in time. Yes, wearing clothing from another time gone by is fantastic, but wearing the same scent that ladies wore all those years ago just makes it all the better!

Spiritual Sky Perfume Oils have been worn by ladies for just over four decades. They were first bottled for buying in 1973 in Australia. And even after so many years the fragrances have not changed one bit, nor has their neato packaging with a purple lotus flower on the front. They are still sold in many spirituality stores and come in a huge range of twenty different scents.

African Violet / Amber / Aphrodesia / Frangipani / Frankinscense / Lavender / Musk 
Musk Peach / Musk Rose / Night Queen / Om / Opium / Patchouli / Patchouli Amber    
Red Rose / Sandalwood / Star Jasmine / Strawberry / Vanilla / Ylang Ylang


Back in the 1970's my own mother had the African Violet scent and it was her favourite. It so happens to be mine as well. Not to mention the colour of the oil is a rich and beautiful deep purple colour that I go nuts for. The oils also seem to last the entire day and feel just that little bit more exotic than simply wearing a spray perfume. You can also use them in a oil burner too! 

And if you are just a little bit odd like me, they are very pretty to look through when held up in the light, and look just like a psychedelic liquid oil projection that you would have seen in a London Underground club in the 1960's. 


Next on my list to buy is Patcouli!
You can purchase Spiritual Sky oils online here

Title: "Time in a Bottle" - Jim Croce, 1973

9 comments:

  1. oh! i remember seeing these at Pennymoon when i was a teenager, but i didn't think of buying them. i only ever wanted those $2 beaded wrist-tie things. Ill have too look for them a little bit harder because i haven't seen the oils in a while.

    and what a cool little treat! psychedelic oil visions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? They are really very common where I live. I've seen them in almost every spirituality store I've been in. I hope you find some if you are on the lookout for them.
      And yes! Sadly it's probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing something similar to a liquid light show haha! What a dream that would be. Oh well, fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. "Time in a Bottle" is one of the most stirring songs of my generation, dear Lucy, and a clever title for your post. I totally agree that you need to be "all in" when it comes to time traveling back to the 60s or 70s. The more authentic you can make the experience the better, and that includes clothing, hair, makeup, scent and attitude.

    I hope your Monday is going well, dear friend, as my Sunday winds to a close. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I most definitely agree. Anything I can do to look and feel more like I have stepped back in time I am likely to try it! I don't feel right on days when I feel that I'm not "all in" on the look as I'm in a hurry or running late.

      You take care too and enjoy the rest of your week!

      Delete
  3. Ah, I having been wearing their jasmine for YEARS, and my G wears the patchouli!!!
    I can't wear much in the way of commercial perfumes.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how great to see someone too wears them! It's good that there is something out there when it comes to fragrances that suits you and what you like so well!

      Delete
  4. I really love those last two photos, I don't think I'd be able to stop looking at it like that if I had one! We have them for sale over here in England too, but unfortunately it's in much duller packaging (and the oils are all clear)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly me! I also see images inside them, and they inspire me to create drawings from them. Such as the second image, I see a smiling lady with her cascading over her face. Yes, I know the duller packaging that you are talking about - we have those over here as well. I've never tried them before though. I hope the fragrances themselves are nice at least.

      Delete
  5. wow, looking at them in the light is so cool. I love this notion of wearing the same scent as ladies in the past. weird as that sounds I'm sure, but it sounds like a cool throw back. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete