Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Girl With Blue Tights

Outfit:

- Navy blue 60's style mini dress with pockets and a button down collar
- Blue tights
- Navy vintage bag with gold clasp
- Navy vintage shoes I got free


Outfit inspired by this dolly darling:






Today I went out up to one of the main shopping centres of the area that I hadn't been to in a while, hoping to come home with many wonderful things. I didn't end up buying anything other than the necessities, chocolate chip hot cross buns and a box of what is the closest that my sister and I will ever get to eating Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. But I did end up surprisingly getting a fair share of compliments! I walked into one store, bought something and the girl at the counter asked "Are you the girl with blue tights?" And a little confused I said that I guessed so, as no one else about seemed to be as decked out in blue as I was, and then she proceeded to say how much she loved them! How lovely! I then got compliments on them throughout the day by people about and about, with one girl even pulling me over to say how much she loved my outfit. I was terribly flattered of course!

Dressing the way I do, I usually get three different reactions:
- Stares of complete shock with a hint of "Oh my God, what is that?"
- "Is that a costume? Where are you going?"
- And the nicest to receive for obvious reasons, the compliment.



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I can only say the same of you, you are simply gorgeous!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. How cool we have the same bag! haha!
    I love wearing coloured tights too! I wore blue ones today actually and all the smart-aleks at work asked me if I was a Smurf. But don't worry I give it as well as I receive it!

    ReplyDelete