Friday, March 9, 2012

A Little Thrifty Gift



Today my mother brought me home the most wonderful gift! It is a set of five 1950's shot glasses made in Italy. They are green, white, red, yellow and blue, each with three gold bands around the rim, and a single gold band around the bottom. She gave them two me in two parcels of newspaper. When I opened the first to find one white and one blue I was so happy. But when I opened up the second parcel to also find a green, red and yellow one as well I was absolutely delighted! I was even all the more glad when my mother reminded me that my Grandma has a bigger glass set very similar that she must have received as a wedding present in the early 1950's. I cannot wait to tell her next time we talk on the phone.

So there it is. My first glass set, and I couldn't ask for a more beautiful one.
The irony of the whole thing though is that I don't at all drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment