Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gift From A Friend - Gift To A Friend

Outfit:

- Navy blouse with lace collar and black tie
- Vintage red wrap-around skirt
- Black tights
- Black block-heeled mary-janes
- Vintage white bag
- Red plastic bangle
- Red stud earrings



Yesterday I met up with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in too long. Before we met up I made a little parcel up for her filled with magical things like Rose Quartz, a time-piece, and a soft leather journal with pages lined in gold and sprinkled with stars, all wrapped together within brown paper and string.






And being the amazing person she is, she also bought me a gift. She had been in England and visited some of the most wonderful places, including The Beatles Story museum in Liverpool. She was lucky enough to see the original instruments of The Quarry Men, items of clothing, flasks and writings by the Beatles themselves. Knowing how much they mean to me she took a stack of pictures for me. She bought me back a Beatles penny, two souvenir booklets, and a miniature replica of George's Grestch. She knows me too well. Whilst over the her uncle heard of how much I love The Beatles, and though we've never met he was kind enough to send back two Beatle books from his own collection to me. I am so grateful, and it is beautiful to see that there are such wonderful people in the world. With the little bundle of gifts she also gave me a key chain from the London Eye, one identical to another she bought, and a tiny diamond. For Christmas I got Beatles Monopoly, and I was a little disappointed that there was no playing piece for "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", so she gave me one. I couldn't ask for a greater and more thoughtful friend.




Whilst out that day I also just happened to walk past the little pamphlet rack for our local theatre. And lo and behold, there were my boys! At least the closest I'll ever get to them!
In about a month from now The Bootleg Beatles will be playing. I am buying tickets today. I cannot tell you the excitement I felt when I saw this pamphlet. People think I'm nutty enough in the clothes I wear without having me squealing and dancing up to a paper rack like I've just won lotto. I've seen two Beatles tribute bands so far, but not this one. And apparently they are brilliant.

All the classic songs in one spectacular multimedia show

"Mind boggling accuracy" - Mail On Sunday UK
"Fastidious Authenticity" - Daily Telegraph UK
"Magically Real" - NME
"Flawless" - MOJO

Formed from the West End coast of the Broadway musical 'Beatlemania', The Bootleg Beatles' career begain in 1980 - almost ten years to the day since Paul McCartney announced the original's had split. It didn't take long for the Bootlegs' international reputation to grow immensely, mainly due to the band's many successful concert tours abroad.

Having seen the Bootlegs' at the '94 Glastonbury Festival, Noel and Liam Gallagher of Oasis asked them to be the support act for their record-breaking 1995 Earl's Court shows - culminating with both bands sharing the stage for 'I Am The Walrus'.

Since becoming regulars on the festival circuit, The Bootlegs have played Wembley with Rod Stewart and Elton John and shared the bill with The Corrs, David Bowie and Iggy Pop. Don't miss The Bootlegs, along with their mini orchestral ensemble in their very first Australian tour.




I became even more excited when I saw this video. They are going to play "A Day in the Life". Live. This is like a little dream of mine come true. Never in my life would I have ever dreamed that I'd see that song played live and before me. The orchestra ensemble even wears the masks, glasses and fake noses just like in the recording of the Beatles' version. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment